Erasmus + Sport: Call 2019, Monitoring and coaching, through sports, of youngsters at risk of radicalisation
YARSPE is a three years project founded by Erasmus+Sport Programme Call 2019, Monitoring and coaching, through sports, of youngsters at risk of radicalisation.
The project has a multidimensional, proactive and positive approach to radicalisation that aims towards collaborations between different actors, combating isolation and helping young people from identified communities at risk to take part in sport and leisure activities. YARSPE, seeks to create tools for coaches, teachers and sport associations to prevent radicalisation among youth by cooperating with local organisations (partners), institutions (schools/ Institutions for Juvenile Offenders) and public authorities, and, prevent discrimination of all forms by organising sport activities for youth at risk of radicalisation. YARSPE has 5 main phases: Comparative research of the national contexts, Increasing the resilience of key actors working with youth, Increasing the resilience of youth from communities at risk, Valorisation and Dissemination.
Create tools for coaches, teachers and sport associations to prevent radicalisation among youth by collaborating with local organisations (partners), institutions (schools’/ community youth centres/Institutions for Juvenile Offenders) and public authorities, and, prevent discrimination and extremism of all forms by organising sport activities for young people at risk of different forms of radicalisation.
- Coaches, Teachers, public authorities develop new knowledge, awareness, skills and tools to prevent youth from being radicalised as a result of the national/local workshops;
- Marginalised youth and youth at risk of radicalisation are included in combined sport and leisure activities that create a sense of belonging and shared identity, reducing isolation and developing intercultural skills;
- Awareness raising of the larger public on the different narratives of radicalisation through digital story telling;
- Development of new collaborations between different local actors and institutions.
Main Activities – Events
• Local workshops for teachers and coaches;
• Peer Learning Training Courses
• Coaching activities;
• Communities at risk Workshops and coaching sessions;
• Digital Storytelling;
• Final conference
Fare network – Netherlands (Applicant)
• Inex SDA – Hungary
• Szubjektív Értékek Alapítvány – Czech Republic
• GEA Societa’ Cooperativa Sociale – Italy
• Fundacja dla Wolności – Poland
Project Start Date (01-01-2020)
Project End Date (31-12-2022)