Warning: getimagesize(/web/htdocs/www.geacoop.org/home/wp-content/uploadshttps://www.geacoop.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/swot.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.geacoop.org/home/wp-content/themes/Total/framework/classes/image-resize.php on line 121
– SWOT –
School as a Wheel of Togetherness
ERASMUS + KA2 PROJECT
The European project SWOT, School as a Wheel of Togetherness, Erasmus + KA2 has just started. Turkey, Italy and Germany were selected as representative samples for the survey on the issue of integration and inclusion of immigrant students in relation to their migrant population and their role in the social, economic, structural and cultural management of migration flows.
DIRECTS: Teachers, managers and social workers in various capacities working in public and private primary and secondary schools;
INDIRECTS: First generation migrant students and asylum seekers who attend schools in the host country, their families and school workers.
European Union Erasmus Project “The Role of School in Immigrant Students’ Integration to Society- SWOT” is a research project developed simultaneously in three countries (Turkey, Italy and Germany), whose aim is to explore and learn about the school experiences of first generation immigrant students and asylum seekers in order to develop a manual of good practices to be used for the inclusion of immigrant students into schools in EU member states.
- Reveal common problems at school level with regard to the issue of integration and inclusion of first generation immigrant students and asylum seekers;
- Consider the role of schools in migration issues from a multicultural perspective;
- Determine and describe existing inclusive good school practices and valorise them;
- Develop a new inclusive school model;
- Provide data for the regulation and standardisation of school practices across Europe;
Main activities proposed
- Phase 1) Project coordination, management and monitoring. Kick Off meeting in Eskişehir (Turkey) – June 2019
- Phase 2) Field research activities. From June to December 2019 in the reference countries of the Partners
- Step 3) Comparison of local research and production of a summary report. Transnational meeting in Padua (Italy) – November 2019.
- Phase 4) Dissemination of results and final seminar. Final transnational meeting – Frankfurt (Germany) – April 2019
- Department of Educational Sciences – Anadolu Üniversitesi (Turkey)
- Provincial Directorate of National Education of Eskişehir (Turkey)
- GEA – coop. Social (Padua – Italy)
- IKS – Interkulturelle Schule Rhein-Main- Project Team (Frankfurt – Germany)
Keep up to date on our Facebook page!!
Duration: 16 months: April 2019 – June 2020